Our journey

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Parenthood

Wow. The last 3 weeks have gone by so fast, but so much has happened. I've gone back to work and Laura and Selah have worked into a pretty good routine. She is a really good baby. As long as she has enough sleep, she only cries if she's hungry or poopy, and we can fix both of those. She's starting to sleep in a little bit longer stretches at night. (up to five hours!) I would have to say that parenthood has been about what I expected. Selah has brought much more joy than inconvenience. Though I must mention that Laura does the bulk of the work! I usually don't even wake up in the middle of the night when she feeds her. I feel OK about that since I can't really provide what Selah needs right then! Laura feeds her about every three hours.

My parents, "Ama" and "Grandaddy," have been stopping by often to get their Selah time in. Laura's mom, "Grammy" was supposed to fly in this weekend, but all the flights were cancelled in Amarillo due to ice on the runways. Grammy and Ron keep up with Selah though Video Skype. We have also been spending some time with our friends the Leathermans (here's your update, Russ) and the Monneys who have also recently had some munchkins (Tye and Caleb, respectively). Life is good.

Skyping with Grammy














Selah's Suitors (Tye and Caleb)















Her first bottle feeding

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so precious! Nice and chubby--looks like you're doing a great job, Laura. I'm so glad to hear things are going smoothly. Keep the pictures coming.

7:49 AM

 
Blogger GianneCurry said...

What a cutie! That video chat picture is hilarious! It looks like something you would see in a magazine! I am still shocked by her red hair. Tell Laura to call me if she wants to chat. 818-997-0530

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home