Our journey

Thursday, November 02, 2006

34 Weeks

I hate to push down the Jackhouse pic. There has been quite a response there, both on the blog and otherwise. This pic of Laura is actually from last week, so she is probably already showing a touch more. Yesterday, she said that she thinks she can tell that she is growing throughout the day. Her clothes seem tighter at the end of the day, she says. I don't know about that. She has been crashing at 9 pm steadily this week.

Today we go to the doctor, and will discuss our Birth Plan. This involves communicating how we would prefer for the labor and delivery to go--specifically regarding drugs and interventions. Obviously, we will submit to the good doctor's medical expertise, especially in an emergency. But we want the baby to stressed as little as possible, and we want to avoid a C-section. Rachel's birth story and Aurelie's birth story has given us encouragement about the how labor and delivery can be done--and be done well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aurélie was so glad she could encourage you with Helene's birth story that she has posted it on our website hoping to encourage others.

6:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ryan. I feel like a celebrity. Ha! I hope your appointment went well with the doctor today and that he/she was on board with your birth plan. Just stay home as long as possible and it gives them less time to mess with you.

I think Laura is right--I felt bigger at night also. We always took belly pictures at night when I was the largest. Thomas suspected gravity to be the cause, but I don't think I just grew all day.

We're so excited for you; only a few short weeks to go and your precious baby will be here!

12:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RYAN & LAURA! If you even remember me, I'll be so happy! :) It's been years, my friends. I found your link on the Hoovers' website. I have no idea where you guys live right now. I read some of your blogs and looked at pics. It sounds like you're no longer in California ?? It would be so much fun to see you guys sometime. I'm married now; it's been about 2 years (to Jason - he's old; you don't know him). :) We have a website as well, so you can check it out: www.jasonandcaseypettett.com. Let me know how you're doing...congrats on the pregnancy! Laura you look beautiful! love...Casey (Stefan) Pettett

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home