Our journey

Monday, December 18, 2006

A baby coming soon!

We went to the doctor on Thursday, December 14 only to find that I had not progressed anymore. The doctor strongly advised us to schedule an induction on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of this week. We wanted to wait til Wednesday, but realized that Wednesday is my birthday...so we went with Tuesday, December 19. Should God not bring the baby by early tomorrow morning, we will show up at the hospital at 7 AM and let the doctor break the amniotic membrane (break my water). She will wait a couple of hours to allow that to start labor and if it doesn't, she will start me on pitocin to induce labor. We expect to have news sometime tomorrow. We probably won't update the blog til we get home from the hospital on Thursday.

Until tomorrow morning...we keep asking God to bring the baby sooner! We know that whether God decides to bring this child from my womb before the induction or through the induction, He is the mighty, sovereign God. We want Him to recieve the most glory possible through the birth of our child and we trust that He knows how to glorify Himself in our lives. We praise Him for drawing us near to Him as we have learned so much through the pregnancy alone. We praise Him for His faithfulness and for the health He has given me and the baby thus far.

We can hardly wait another 24 hours to hold our firstborn!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm so glad I read your blog today! It's the 19th, so I expect you are in the hospital regardless...I'm due today, but don't expect this baby to come for another few days. Blessings to you three, praying for a non-complicated delivery, and for a blessed union of you three!!!

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The suspence was really getting to me, so in desperation, I checked Mama Wolf's blog and got the news. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about it and see more pictures.

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home