Our journey

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Baby has a Face!

We just had our third ultrasound done and it was amazing as usual. I got there late because of traffic, but the nice ultrasound tech waited for me. The images were even more amazing and defined since our baby is now 26 weeks. We could see fingers and toes really well, and could even see teeth that are in the baby's head, waiting to grow in when the time is right. The coolest thing ever was when the lady pushed the magic button and the screen changed to 4D mode. (I had to explain to Douglas that this does not mean we traveled through time, the fourth dimension.) The picture was amazing. You could actually see what our baby's face will look like! He opened his mouth, rubbed his eye, stuck out his tongue. It was amazing. If you notice, I am using "amazing" a lot. Also, I am using "he" for the baby. I am using this in the English neuter sense. We are going to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex.

In other news, we went to Nicaragua this past weekend. It was great hanging out with Chris and Krista, our good friends we used to live next door to in California. More details to come after I get some pics of the trip up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I can't remember ever getting an ultrasound like that. That's so exciting. Glad to here your trip went well.

10:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home