Our journey

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Setting up the crib


Setting up the crib
Originally uploaded by ryanandlaurawolf.
Here's Laura and the Nance (my mom) setting up the crib in our room. This is a beautiful stained wood crib that me and both of my siblings slept in. It's at least 30 years old. Pretty cool. Last night Laura and I rearranged our room to make room for the baby stuff. Our room is pretty big, so all of our stuff (bed, dresser, etc.) is on one half and all of the baby stuff will be in the other half.

The reality of the coming baby sinks in more and more everyday. We went and looked at baby stuff for several hours this past Saturday. You could easily spend $7,000 at these stores with all of the specialty stuff--leather swivel gliders, souped up baby monitors, and my favorite - "travel systems" (strollers) that could probably tackle more terrain that your average truck.

One piece of excitement for me (related to the baby) is that I will have less time to dwell on my needs and think about how I can satisfy myself. My life will not be my own even more so now. i'd say that's a plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home