Our journey

Friday, September 18, 2009

Recent Conversations with Selah

Selah enjoys the pool on the balcony


What was I thinking??...the aftermath was not pretty.

Me: Come on, Selah. We're taking Eden to the doctor to get some shots.
Selah: I want to get a shot.
Me: But you don't need any shots, Selah. Shots aren't fun; they hurt.
Selah: But I really want to get a shot. I'll be sad if I don't get a shot.
Me: Okay, when we get to the doctor's office, tell her that you want a shot.
[Selah thinks for a moment.]
Selah: But I don't know how to say that in [her language].
________________________________________
Selah: Mommy and Daddy are from Houston.
Me: Yeah...Where is Selah from?
Selah: from Houston
Me: Where is Eden from?
Selah: Mommy's belly.
_______________________
Me: Selah, you can't just rip things out of Eden's hands when you want them. You can't just take things away from your friends or they won't want to play with you anymore. You have to ask for things before you take them. [As I am saying this, I am brushing Selah's hair to put it in a pony-tail and try to take the pony-tail holder from Selah's hand.]
Selah: Mommy, you can't just take things out of my hands. You need to ask nicely.
__________________________
Selah [to Dad]: Where are we going?
Dad: WE'RE not going anywhere. Daddy's going to work.
Selah: You're going to work AGAIN?
__________________________
Selah has an assigned drawer in the kitchen. This is for her cups/containers and toys...THE drawer that she has permission to play in. Yesterday, as I was cooking dinner, I notice her run into the kitchen, open her drawer and pull out a sippy cup full of water. She took a drink, put the cup back in the drawer and ran out of the kitchen. I guess this is now her special water stash.

Eden is starting to enjoy her exersaucer

She loves her changing table. Notice the chunky legs.

Selah providing toys for Eden

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete and Kimberly said...

I love the things that 2 1/2 year olds say! My favorite Selah quote is "You can't just take that out of my hand. You have to ask nicely." Too funny! Your girls are super cute!

9:03 PM

 
Blogger Bethany said...

How funny...Tye does the same thing. He tells me, "You have to say "Please", or "ask nicely". He is little imitator for sure. I can't believe how big Selah and Eden are getting...they are adorable. Glad you have started writing those things down. I forget those cute things they say. Miss you guys!
B

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home