Our journey

Friday, July 27, 2007

Blessed...



The weather has cooled off and we're sleeping better at night. Thought you would enjoy a pic of Ryan sleeping in today.

God is good. We have been blessed by so many friends and family praying for us as we adjust to our new home. Our full-time job right now is to learn language. Unfortunately, I have not met with a language tutor yet but will start on Tuesday, Lord willing. Ryan's language is progressing, as we knew it would. He has been to 6 3-hour language classes now and spent over an hour hanging out and talking with a group of guys at shops just down the street from us. One of the guys is a barber and cut Ryan's hair last week. The others hang out at the Electric shop where Ryan tried to buy a transformer so I can use my mini-food processor, bottle warmer and hand mixer.

I haven't been feeling well for the past few days so I've stayed put and didn't interact much with the locals. Today, I am going to Ikea to look for some of the things on my long to-buy list. Again, we have been blessed to have the opportunity to buy a lot of appliances from a family that is moving back to the States. We are saving a lot of money and are so thankful that we were put in contact with them. I'll itemize the list of what we're buying from them:

Refrigerator
Washer
Dryer
2 large wardrobes
Microwave
Range/Oven (double oven...woohoo!!)
Table and 6 chairs
3 ceiling fans
Space heater
Vacuum cleaner
Iron and board

2 Comments:

Blogger Battle Maiden said...

When you go to Ikea make a list. Although I do that too, but come out with half the items and more than I expected! "Oooh look, a cheese slicer!"

1:01 AM

 
Blogger Mallory's Adventure said...

Awe! Cuddly Ryan! That's great! You know I love you guys and will do anything to help in your adjustments. Lifting you up Laura and your language learning. I want to help in any way that I can!

4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home