Our journey

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Heading Home

Our 6 months has come to a past-paced end as we've done as much stuffing as humanly possible. We've stuff our stomachs ( I think I win the prize for stuffing the most), good-bye's, and our bags. As I think about walking into the airport tomorrow, stress starts to overwhelm me. The stress isn't rooted in an anxiety to return to our home or fly a total of about 17 hours with a 4 year-old and 19 month-old while 21 weeks pregnant. No, the stress comes from thinking about how much stuff we are flying back across the ocean with us. We will ask a nice porter to load our 5 50-pound trunks, 3 50-pound suitcases, 3 carry-ons, 3 back packs, 2 car seats and strollers onto a cart and head to the check-in counter. I know I shouldn't let something like this stress me out. But I do. Sometimes, we have a nice assistant that will check our carry-ons for us at no charge, sometimes we don't. Inthe case that we don't, imagine us waiting in security lines, going through security, wondering the airport and boarding the plane with 1 car seat, 1 stroller, 3 carry-ons, 3 backpacks and 2 kids.

But....once we're on the plane, we're home free (till we change planes, at least). We are all very excited about going home, though it isn't without stings of pain. Oh how we've enjoyed the time with family...the pressure-free time with family. We've relished in the meaningful conversations, the encouragement and fun we've been blessed with over the past 6 months. We're going to miss the great state of Texas and maybe even the wind in Amarillo. My favorite part about being home was the time with family. I am so happy that many relationships were strengthened as a result of our time in the states.

As we go back to the land where God has put us, we go anticipating what is going to happen in the next three years. One big hope is that my language will continue to deepen and that I'll be able to make some close friends. I also pray that God will work on my heart so that instead of being high-strung and testy, I will be able to enjoy the next year as we await the arrival of our third child and adjust to being a family of 5.

We'll post something after the post-flight recovery is in full swing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Aurelie said...

Praying for you tonight! (and tomorrow)

9:46 PM

 
Anonymous on the eastern journey said...

Laura you look so beautiful! Hope you guys have a smooth flight home. hugs.p

11:56 PM

 
Blogger The Nuckols said...

Congrats, Ryan and Laura!!! Praying that your trip goes well. Love the family pic you emailed out! What cute girls you have. Adam and I continue to keep you all in our prayers.

6:45 AM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

You look great, Laura! We are praying for you and your travels today.

7:03 AM

 
Blogger mama wolf said...

So quiet at Ama and Granddaddy's house tonight. No baths to give no story books to read. Boo hoo, we miss you already my sweet red headed girls!!!
I have such a peace knowing that you are where God wants you to be. I hope Selah has a great back to park experience!!

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for praying, everyone! We made it in once piece, though there were times I thought I might crumble into a million! I'm starting to miss the convenience of living in the suburbs!

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home