Our journey

Friday, March 26, 2010

Consistant Inconsistancy



Isn't this how a lot of moms would describe their life? Their emotions?

I try to take comfort in knowing that I am not the only mom out there that can't seem to get "it" together quite like I want to. Although, I hope I will look back on this season of life with fondness and no regrets. I'm pretty sure I won't turn 50 and wish I'd kept my house more organized instead of enjoying my time with my kids. These are the things I try to keep in perspective when I'm trying so hard to just get my house picked up, keep a consistent routine, get dinner on the table, update the blog, add photos to the baby books, make a grocery list, study language, have a quiet time, exercise, spend time making friends, teach my girls about our Savior, love my husband, spend quality time with each child and husband, get enough sleep each night, put make up on (sometimes), do my hair (even less) and....well, I think I've made my point.

All that to say, usually 3 days don't go by that I don't think "I should update the blog" at least 1 time. Being that it has been 6 weeks, I've thought about it a lot of times. I've taken pictures with the blog in mind. But, here I am, with too many pictures and a small window of blog-updating time. So, here's hoping that I get back around to doing more tomorrow.

We got to a butcher shop in our neighborhood to get all of our meat. When we first moved here, we bought meat at the grocery story, but I found the quality to be inconsistent and really hated it when my beef smelled of lamb meat. Ryan started going to Hakan Kasap (butcher) to make friends with the guys, but started asking why the prices were higher than the grocery store. Up until that point, I didn’t want to go to the Kasap because it was more expensive. Bulent (the employee that does all the cutting when we specify our request) told us that his meat was fresher and tasted better. We found that we agreed with Bulent and have been faithful customers ever since. As a bonus, they even deliver!!

Hakan on the left and Bulent on the right




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home