Our journey

Monday, April 07, 2008

Sick

We think Selah had rotavirus last week. I can give the messy details if you want. It was pretty gross. Both ends. One lesson learned: if you think your toddler might want to throw up, don't give her a nice tall warm glass of milk. It will come back still milky and still warm. Mainly it was just sad for us to see Selah so lethargic--and lacking her usual spark. She would look at me with the saddest eyes, as if to say, "What's happening to my body? Help!"

For the last 3 days, she has been improving. She is slowly regaining her appetite and should be 100% in a few days. Here is a pic of her with her sick sadness. The lower pic was taken a few days before she got sick. Our neighbor is helping her acculturate a bit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Grisham Gang said...

I'm so sorry your sweet girl was sick...those are hard days on the parents as well. I hope she gets to feeling perfect soon. Enjoy your visit with your parents, I will be praying for your mom. I have never been overseas either, so I can understand some anxiety and such. I miss you and hope to talk with you soon. Happy Day! Haven

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Poor thing- that sick pic is so sad, but pretty cute at the same time and I love the one of her "Little Red Riding Hood" impression!! :) What a cutie!! Love, Jenny

1:41 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, rotovirus is terrible (that smell ewww)! It put Callie and Creed in the hospital when they were that age, but apparently now they have a vaccine for it! Yippee! Glad she is better!

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Pete and Kimberly said...

Ah, rotovirus! Pete's cousin was telling us in February about their son getting rotovirus, and then the mom got it the next week. Terrible. We are glad Selah didn't have to be hospitalized. I sure hope you don't get it too!!! Glad to know Selah is feeling better now.

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Actually, the red scarf is our neighbor making Selah a "covered" little girl. As Ryan told me when we were dating...Selah is "hearty". We're thankful she's a pretty healthy kid with a strong immune system.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger mama wolf said...

i missed the culture lesson with the red scarf. I just thought she looked like red riding hood.
She is cute with her pacifier or a red scarf on her head. Give her a kiss for me.

8:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh that is so worrisome....i hope things really pick up and get going!!!!!

miss ya girl! love ya!

laura brown

12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home