Our journey

Monday, March 10, 2008

Mug Shot

I'm amazed that I'm about to do this....but I know a blog update is necessary and I have an update, so I'll do it. What am I doing? I'm putting a great mug shot photo of myself on the blog. I took this today immediately after I got home from having my hair cut and styled. It cost me as much as Ryan's haircuts cost him....but I wasn't 100% thrilled with the outcome, though I know it could be MUCH MUCH worse! I like it.


(Notice that the layers on the right side became very Rachel'esque from Friends. Fortunately, the stylist decided not to do the same thing on the other side so I think I can minimize the dramatic layer that it is with a bit of styling.)




Selah is quite an entertainer! She always likes to play with things that are not toys--like daddy's goggles or pens or electric cables or glasses or...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the hair due! you hair color is really nice too. i got a new hair due too! i got bangs...finally! i had been really cautious about. i've been thinking about doing a mug shot, but not brave enough.
you've inspired me.

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Pete and Kimberly said...

Hi! Your "do" has got some great potential. I think it looks good! We love Selah's expressions!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Bethany said...

Hey Laura,

Remember it is all about wearing it with confidence. That is how you pull of pretty much anything these days. Did Selah get bangs? She looks like such a big girl. Tye is getting tooth #6 (finally). Talk to you soon. We need to catch up.

B

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Arch said...

Laura,

sorry about the do but you're right it could be much worse. when you come back to amarillo amy will fix you up right, she is incredibly talented!! and brave.....she made me cut her hair the other day. it actually turned out really good!!

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your hair is very workable! Little Selah's pigtails are too precious. Doesn't she look so much like Ryan?

9:13 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the encouragement on the do. I really do like the layers, though am unsure of how it will look in a month when all of these wacky layers grow out....but i'll just get another cut.

Sandra, I don't totally see Ryan yet, but many others do!

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the new hair cuts, it's gorgeous!!! If you dye it black, it'd be pretty dang close to rach from friends.

And selah is becoming too cute for words, seriously....i just want to put her in a snow-globe and put her on my desk!! haha

After sacrificing my spring break for a week of advising and catching up, i'm almost ready to do my semester of student teaching, then a semester of being an psychology intern at some practice..so i'll be graduating soon...GO BOBCATS!

Hope all is going well....

5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! And I love that you posted it!! ...today I am thinking of doing again what I did 4 years ago: whack off about 13 inches... we'll see, BUT, you give me great impetus for such a move - really it looks GREAT! It's good to see your face! AND - I love Selah's pigtales, LOVE them!!

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home