Our journey

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our crazy life

Not that our crazy life is that interesting, but it has prevented me from updating for almost 2 weeks. We apologize. Ryan's parents came last Friday and we had a wonderful week watching them beam with pride as they played with and watched Selah. She has changed a lot over the past few months. She says "da-da" and tries to say many other things that she hears us say. When the phone rings or someone knocks on the door, she gasps with excitement and runs in the direction of the sound. She has learned to dance quite a jive and do a sweet little turn in the midst of it. It was so difficult to let Ryan's parents leave...or was it more difficult to stay here while they left. Either way, I am reminded that the hardest part of living here for me is not being able to see family on a regular basis. We are so blessed with supportive and loving family and I want Selah to have the rich relationships with family that Ryan and I were blessed to have as we grew up. As I pour those painful feelings out to God, He reminds me that I should delight in Him and my desires will become His desires and He will give me the desires of my heart. I know God will bless Selah with relationships with family but I so wish that we could be near our dear family and friends right now! You are welcome here anytime!

We are probably going to be slow to post pics and, possibly, updates for a while because our computers were stolen last week when our thieves decided to enter our home while we were out sightseeing with Ryan's parents. Fortunately, they didn't take a lot and they didn't ransack our house. I am also thankful that Ryan's mom was here to feed, bathe and put Selah to bed while Ryan and I talked to neighbors, police and friends. We're hoping that my parent's arrival in a few weeks will also mark the arrival of our replacement computers....I don't know how long I can put up with this non-MacBook. :)

We spent a fabulous day outside today. My friend took us out to the countryside today where we grilled our lunch, relaxed in hammocks, and Selah and daddy rode a horse. Selah wasn't too sure what to think of the horse, but it was fun none the less. Tonight we dyed eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt at church tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon...as soon as I figure out how to do it on this computer....

May we all soberly remember Christ's sacrifice so that we might be cleansed of our sin and able to approach the throne of grace with confidence as we celebrate our Risen Savior and Lord tomorrow. Happy Easter.

3 Comments:

Blogger mama wolf said...

Thanks Ryan, Laura and Selah for a wonderful visit. What a joy to watch you son and daughter in law walk in their annointing. There is nothing to take the place of reading bedtime stories to Selah and getting some sweet lovin' before her nighty-night. She was a joy to watch and interact with. God blessed our time together.

6:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. You guys! I'm so sorry about the break in. ...& I totally get the grandparent thing too! Wish we could talk about this over tea. Thinking of you!

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Fred H said...

Blessed are those who comfort in the Lord. Thank you both for being able to keep in touch and sharing both your griefs and excitement. Reading your blogs and letters as well as looking at your pictures makes me miss you three all the more. I hope you continue to send out the emails, if not for them I would seldom, amongst my own mess, think outside the box and be lifted up by your presence.
God bless you all.

9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home