Our journey

Monday, January 28, 2008

Language Study

Recently, I have had a renewed zeal in my language study. For several months my language schedule has included 4 hours a week with a tutor and 9 hours a week in a formal course. I have recently added another tutor for 4 more hours per week. So in addition to my 17 hours of instruction, I try to spend time talking with folks in the community and doing my homework.

Laura is doing really well, too. She doesn't spend as much time as I do, but she makes up for it by meeting 3 times a week with a tutor who is legendary in our expat community of being a taskmaster. She goes fast and gives Laura tons of homework. I'm pretty sure Laura's vocabulary is bigger than mine.

I am supposed to be a translator this summer with some friends who will be coming to visit us, so I'm trying to step it up. These days, if you came by our apartment around 9.00 pm, you would most likely see a scene like this.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mallory's Adventure said...

Nice posing :) This looks like the Hope DVD video...do I sense a remake coming along???

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ry Ry, where to begin. I love the posing for the picture, but that dirt on your chin has got me worried. Are you not taking hygiene seriously anymore? You know for the right price there are some nice men who can help with that.

6:40 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I was wondering if anyone would notice my chin bonus. Laura and I are both really indifferent about it, and not shaving has always been easier than shaving...

One Hope DVD is quite enough

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Mikko Sivonen said...

Did you pose for this picture?

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I confess--we did pose for the picture (we had to use the timer on the camera) But I'm pretty sure it's an accurate depiction of what we would look like unposed.

11:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post makes me want to be a better student. At 9pm the last thing I want to do it crack open a dictionary. awesomness.

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home