Our journey

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

So Long, Professor

For 3 days a week for the past 3 months I have ridden the above ferry to and from the part of the city where I have my language class. Next week my class office is moving to the same side of the water where I live.

Everyone in the city agrees that the ferry is the best way to get around. There are no traffic jams in sight, and the gentle rocking is so relaxing it's actually lulled me into some nice cat naps. Amid the hubbub of the big city, the ferry is a transportive oasis. The fact that the office is going to be closer to our apartment will save me over an hour per day in travel time, but I will miss the regular opportunity to ride the professor and have time to look out over the water and think or pray.

I call it the professor because every ferry is named for someone. The one on my route happens to be named after the distinguished Professor Such And Such. His picture hangs on the first deck. He welcomes his passengers with a smile each morning. Well, Professor, I have enjoyed your services. It's been a good ride.

In other news, Laura and I are heading to Houston in a few hours to attend Rex's wedding. We'll be in Texas for agout 9 days. Maybe we'll see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home