Our journey

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Two kinds of "typical" days

Selah says "Thanks, Grammy" for the new sandals.
Everyday, I wake up when Selah wakes up (around 7) and let her play a little. Then we eat breakfast around 8 and she goes down for a nap around 9 or 9:30.
On MWF, I have language lessons. My tutor comes here on M & W at 9 AM and my babysitter arrives at 10 AM. My first language lesson of the day is from 9 - 11 (Ryan is with Selah from 9-10). Then I leave for my second language lesson which is from 11:45-1:30. After the lesson, I grab a quick lunch (sometimes I try to meet a friend) and head home to relieve the babysitter at 2:30. Friday's are a little different. My first lesson is at 11:30 at the tutor's house. So, the babysitter doesn't come until 11 AM. After my lesson at 1:30 I either go shopping, meet friends or go to the other tutor for a little extra help.

On Tuesday and Thursday's I take Selah to the park or on a walk after she wakes up from her nap. If we need to run a quick errand, we go around 11:30. I feed her lunch around 1 PM and put her down for a nap around 1:30. I study while she is napping (Bible, language).
Everyday, we play, go to the store or go visit someone to practice language after Selah wakes up from her afternoon nap. Selah eats dinner around 5:30 or 6 PM and start her bedtime routine around 7 PM. Then we eat dinner, study, reply to emails, surf the net, etc.

I feel very busy. I think it is the language study that makes me feel that way. I'd like to find some places like a zoo to take Selah, but usually we have to sacrifice a nap to venture very far from our house since we have to take public transportation. I miss taking advantage of her ability to fall asleep in the car!!
The weekends are more relaxed and we try to go to a mall or visit some friends. We have house group on Sunday mornings and really enjoy the friends and fellowship.

4 Comments:

Blogger mama wolf said...

Did your sweet Grammy dress you in that adorable outfit?? She is too cute!!! Love the bow.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Jess Marie said...

She is the cutest baby EVER!!

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Bethany said...

Do you mean Selah actually keeps shoes on? Tye refuses them and rubs his little feet together until his ankles are raw or he gets the shoes off, whichever comes first. Selah looks so cute and grown up. Thanks for sharing.

7:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the same "typical" day. Schäfer gets up around 7. He eats at 7:30 or 7:45. He plays till 10:30. Naps till noon. Plays till 3:30. Naps will 5. Back to bed at 7:30. If I have to do anything in town in the afternoon, he generally misses his nap - which makes for a not so fun evening because he's exhausted. But when you have to ride buses & then walk a few blocks, what can you do? Lately, I've been really tired of language study because it seems to strange that I have to spend my free time learning how to talk! BTW, I've been trying to learn how to talk for two years now! Maybe I'll improve soon! ha ha. These days are precious with our little ones!

8:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home