Our journey

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It was a happy Valentine's Day

Last Thursday, Selah and I, along with another young mom made Valentine's sugar cookies. Selah mostly enjoyed playing in the flower and sneaking pinches of dough to eat. It was fun to introduce her to making cookies.
On Saturday, we enjoyed our weekly Skype calls with Ama & Granddaddy and Grammy & Pops. Selah received a candy necklace and bracelet from Grammy & Pops--which was a hit. She mostly enjoyed wearing the necklace, and did manage to break it at least once. We gave her a heart-shaped lollipop, which was also very exciting being that she has fixated on the the "Lollipop" song over the past 2 weeks. We have listened to that 2 1/2 minute song SOOOOOO many times!
Ryan bought me some great chocolates, flowers AND cooked one of the best dinners I've had in a long time. It was chicken cordon bleu with real ham and swiss cheese, a great cream sauce, whole grain rice and spinach/orange salad. I am blessed!
Selah enjoys watching Mickey Mouse on mommy's iPod.

30 Weeks Pregnant....I know. My belly has grown a good bit.

We went to the doctor yesterday and apparently there's a big girl growing in my tummy. She is almost 4 pounds right now, and I still have 9 weeks to go. In other words, as far as averages go, I'm measuring in the 34th week when I'm actually in the 31st week. The doctor said that I can try to cut out extra carbs to try to make a difference in her rapid growth. It worries me a little because I had really hoped that this baby would not be bigger than Selah, but I am very thankful that she seems very healthy. Ryan joked that I could take up smoking....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a happy valentines day indeed! Your belly is so beautiful. Maybe your baby is "cooking faster" which means she'll come in the 38th week.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

yeah for real ham! ha. smoking. Ryan.

7:22 AM

 
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Together - our babies are a nice average. I'm 3 weeks "too small" and yours is 3 weeks ahead! I think I like it this way rather than me having the bonus 3 weeks :)

2:14 AM

 
Blogger Navy Bella said...

You look great! I love reading your blog.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Pete and Kimberly said...

I love the belly shot! Looks like you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!

4:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home